Saturday, October 18, 2014

Lately

Amongst all the first of the year testing (still doing some) and getting adjusted to a new school, I have been absent from blogging.  Here are a few things we have been doing lately in class.
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Neon-Calendar-Set-1330904
 I got my students book boxes (ice cube boxes from Wal-Mart -- so much cheaper!) and added my calendar numbers to them.  You can get my calendar numbers here.

While introducing Daily 5, we made anchor charts with watch the teacher and student should be doing during each rotation.  I took pictures of my students doing it correctly and posted them next to the anchor charts.  They loved seeing themselves in pictures and it's easy to refer to if you seeing them trying to do it wrong!
 

 
When looking to see if they understand if they knew Fiction and Non-Fiction titles/books, I gave them a scholastic book order and they sorted the pictures.  They did some shopping too and enjoyed this assessment.


I got to hang up some awesome work created by my students and they loved seeing their work in the room.  On this assignment, they created their own problem story and showed me how they solved it.  Some were really creative!


 

 
Finally and most recently I finished my writing example wall.  You can get the awesome writing set  hereand the 'write" pencil here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment